Getting Your Digital Media Player Online
Connect a Player to REACH
You have your designs in place, your strategy has been well researched, and your hardware just arrived in the mail. The only thing left now is to ensure your players can get online so your signage is displayed properly. There are different ways to achieve this step depending on the hardware you are using. That is why we put together this guide detailing how to get our most popular hardware options synched to your internet and CMS profile!
Reconfiguring an Existing PC
If you plan on using your own hardware or an existing PC for your signage, follow these steps for proper setup.
- Download Google Chrome and set that as your default browser for the PC dedicated for digital signage. This link brings you to our webpage with a “Download Now” option to put our software on your PC. Please Download and run https://cdn-data.reachcm.com/_rds/packages/REACH.Installer.exe
- Your PC should restart. You’ll see a white screen with autoconfiguration numbers. These numbers allow us to register your PC with the digital signage. Use the template below to plug in ID #1. REACH://(ID 1) Example: REACH://12345678910
- Please contact REACH Support if problems or questions arise during this process. Support: 952-944-7727
Connecting a REACH Device
If you purchased your hardware directly from REACH, follow these steps to get your player set up.
- Connect the PC to the designated TV screen via HDMI cable (TV input should be HDMI 1, 2 or 3)
- Plug the power cord that was included in your box into an outlet and make sure the PC is powered on.
- Connect the PC to Internet via Ethernet Cable or Wi-Fi. If connecting via Wi-Fi see letters a-b
a. The keyboard command CTRL + ALT + Q exits the digital signage software and brings you to the computer’s desktop. The software is designed to keep running – so you may need to hit CTRL + ALT + Q more than once
- Connect to the Wi-Fi as you would any other computer
If you see a “Register Network” message, please check your internet
connection again. If you see a “No Connection to TeamViewer” message, hit “Cancel” and check your internet connection again. If you have any questions or trouble during this process, please call Support at 952-944-7727
Fire TV Stick Configuration
If you still have not set up your Fire TV device and this is your first time,
please see this link for reference:
- Open the Amazon App store on your Firestick TV. Download the REACH App onto your Firestick.
- This will bring up a set up page. On this page there will be an ID number (bottom right of the screen, in a box) This number needs to go into the autoconfiguration field in the players tab of CMS.
- Your Install Coordinator or the Support Team can enter this in for you. Please give us a call here at REACH and we can get this taken care of!
BrightSign PC Configuration
BrightSign players are state-of-the-art players that can fully utilize the power of REACH’s online software. The setup for these is a little more involved, so please reference the steps below to complete the process.
- Plug your SD Card into your computer.
- Go to https://bitbucket.org/snippets/reachmedianetwork/7egBRz, download the latest firmware for your model
- Open the firmware folder when downloaded, copy all files from that folder to SD Card. If connecting via Ethernet AND DHCP, skip to Step 7. If connecting via Wi-Fi and/or Static IP, see below.
- Go to Brightsign.biz and click downloads in the upper right hand corner
- Find your model and download the BrightSign Author.
- Launch BrightSign Author and click “Tools” in the left hand menu corner, click Set up Brightsign Unit.
a. Check “Enable Wireless” (Wi-Fi)
i. Put in SSID and Security Key(Password)
ii. Change Time zone if needed
b. If using Static IP, see below.
i. Click on wired and on the right, check the bubble Use the following IP address.
ii. Plug in IP, Subnet mask, Default gateway, and DNS.
iii. Click OK and then click Create Setup Files at the bottom. Make sure they are being saved to the SD card.
iv. Plug in your BrightSign unit without the card in so you get the logo, IP and Mac address.
v. Put the card in and it will quickly go to a screen that say Standalone unit complete, you can remove the card.
vi. Take the SD card out and reboot the BrightSign unit. Once it loads up you should see it has the new Static IP.
vii. Skip Steps 8-9 below if Static IP
- Take SD Card out of computer and plug SD into BrightSign.
- Wait for a white BrightSign screen
- Take the SD Card out of BrightSign and put back into the computer.
Unplug Brightsign to power off and plug in again.
- Clear the SD card (Delete all files)
- Put the Autorun.brs file on the SD Card
- Take SD Card out of computer and put back into the BrightSign Unit.
- Wait for White REACH Screen to show up. Copy/Write down the last 4 digits of ID
- Put the last 4 digits into the Autoconfig area in player properties in
CMS (build.reachcm.com). If it doesn’t pop up as a result, try
putting whole ID number in. If you don’t have access to CMS yet,
email/tell me the ID number and I can do this for you.